Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Trying to be Consistent

Here is a hand to all parents who (like my great sister-in-law) are consistent in their parenting. I am maybe the most consistent at being inconsistent. My poor kids, no wonder they all whine and beg all the time, sometimes I say Yes and sometime it is No or do or don't or go or come or whatever. I just don't do the same thing all the time and I drive myself crazy! Here is a good example. I am on a new jag now and Boo is going to do "chores" each day to get an allowance. That will be the only way he will get any new toys or games or movies or stuff from now on!! One of his chores is to make his bed each morning. Last night I went in to check him before I turned in and he was making his bed already!!! He was going to sleep on the top so he would be ready in the morning!! I then remembered that Mookie did the same thing when she was probably about his age. I must have been on the same type of jag--she had to make her bed each morning. She had a blanket that she would cover with and then in the morning she would scrunch it into her closet so her room was clean. Worked for me, so tonight I told Boo that he could use a sleeping bag at night and put it in his closet in the morning!! He thinks I am great!!

2 comments: