Thursday, March 5, 2009

The next principal

My 8 year old came home from school today with big news, he had just found out that his principal won' t be there next year. I am a stay at home mom with lots to do, but he had a great idea! I could be the principal next year! Here is his take on the job description. 1) I would need to be in the lunch room everyday and if anyone was too loud I would give them a warning and if they continued, I would move them to the quiet table. 2) I would need to be in my office and if anyone was real bad they would come in and I would decide if they needed detention or maybe they could go home or be in a special class. 3) Keep my desk clean. 4) Relax in my office the rest of the day! I could even bring a book or my knitting. It sounds pretty good and he said it was easy, so I'm thinking maybe he's right!! Mrs. Bishop would love to hear his description of her job. I have to tell you she is the best principal I have ever known. She would make a personal visit to each kindergartner's home before school started each year so they would know who she was. When our daughter passed away last year she come to our house to spend about 2 hours with our son, making sure he was ok. She always goes over and beyond the job description, I will miss her, but maybe I should go for the job!

2 comments:

  1. I think you would make an ideal princi"pal"!
    Although I wonder if you could really put someone in detention? I'll have to ask Jim about that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it aunt Barb! You'd be the bestest principal ever!

    ReplyDelete