Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Tooth Fairy

I think my 8 (almost 9) year old son is going to be the end of me. Last week he lost one of his teeth, we naturally put it under his pillow and the tooth fairy came! All was good. The he went to school and told his table mates that the tooth fairy had come. Well, one little girl in all her wisdom, told him that his mom was really the tooth fairy! She knew this because she saw her mom being the tooth fairy. Well, he was not convinced, so he said "My mom will tell me the truth, so I will ask her!" That evening he remembered this incredible conversation and came running to my lap and told me this whole story. I started giving him the run around and he said "No Mama I don't want a story, I just want a yes or no". I started another explanation about how I would look in a tutu and he stated his need for a yes or no again. I was really caught, I couldn't just outright lie to him. I took a deep breath and said ok, yes I am the tooth fairy. He reached down my back, said "No wings, no your not!" and skipped off. I wish I could remember being that easy to please, and always filled with joy. He is definitely a gift from God!

No comments:

Post a Comment