Friday, May 15, 2009

"My foot is slipping"

Long time no blog! This has been a crazy week and looking forward to a crazy weekend! The end of the school year bring lots of end of the year stuff. Plus just life has been crazy. I can feel myself going into the person who tries to be everything and everywhere for everyone. It makes me crazy!! I don't do anything well and I end up short changing all the ones I want to please. God has been trying to get me to hear Him lately, but I have been too busy to stop and listen. It is so great that He loves us so much that He keeps trying to get us to hear Him. I have heard Him through different means say the same thing over and over to me this week. I read in Beth Moore's blog the scripture Psalm 94:18-19 "If I say, "My foot is slipping." Your loyal love, O Lord, supports me. When worries threaten to overwhelm me, Your soothing touch makes me HAPPY." I love that!!! He makes me HAPPY, nothing else can! In reading this, I can see that it is not my job to make everyone around me happy. Yes, I need to try and do what God wants me to do to make everyone happy, but I am not their happiness. Now I am not saying anyone thinks I am their happiness, just that I think I am. I hope that makes sense, I know what I mean, but I'm not sure I explained it very well. Oh well, as you can see I have been pulled several different directions this week and have let myself get bogged down in the mud with the feeling of doing nothing well. God is my Joy, my salvation and my Happiness, and He is to those around me too.

1 comment: