Sunday, May 3, 2009

Gods strength

I think everyone around my age is going through this sandwich time! Some are trapped between taking care of grand kids and kids with problems and our parents and their aging problems. I want to stop right now and clarify that neither my kids, grandchildren or parents are having any problems at this time!!! I do know several different people that are going through all of this and more right now. Some were talking the other day and they said that we just needed to realize that this is just the way it is and get used to it, we can't change it, so we must learn to cope. I have to disagree!! God intends for us to have joy! He wants us to be content and happy in His word and in His presence. He will give you His joy, the deep down bone happy joy that can only come from Him. With that joy comes peace and we are able with His power to cope!! Jeremiah 15:16 says "When your words came I ate them, they were my joy and my hearts delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty." When we feel great despair we need to hunger for His word. Jer. 15:20 "I am with you to rescue and save you, declares the LORD." I guess what I am trying to say is, if you will stop, give yourself and problems to God, have fellowship with Him, He can change how you feel about what is going on. He may not change the circumstances in our lives, but He will help us get through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment