Thursday, April 16, 2009

2nd Grade Field Trip!!

I got to go on the 2nd grade field trip with Boo. We went to a Frontier Town outside of Marshfield. I think it was one of the best field trips I have ever been on. They kept the kids very busy and very active the whole time. Lots of running for the kids and lots of walking (not running) for the parents. I got to throw an Indian tomahawk at a target, but I missed. We learned how to make arrow heads, not the best thing to teach 8 year old boys, and saw lots of Indian stuff. There was a Zip swing, a huge slide, a hay ride (with no hay), and we panned for GOLD! The kids even got to have a water ball fight and climb on hay bales. I got to go down the huge slide and I just want to tell you it was scary! I wish I could have done the zip swing, but we didn't have time for parents. I asked Boo what was his favorite thing, and he said having me there. I'm sure he was just trying to get me to take him home early from school, which I did, but it still made me glad he said that. He is such a goof ball. I think all the kids should sleep well tonight, I'm sure I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment