Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Busy Summer

Well, school starts for Boo in less than a week. Neither one of us are ready, but we don't have a choice. He will be in 3rd grade, I can't believe it! We have had a busy summer and it went by too fast. We had 2 vacations, lots of trips to the lake, baseball, lemonade stands, fun times with Mookie and her family, Jim is building a deck, and lots of play-time with Boo. This all has kept us busy coming and going. Mookis is pregnant so she has spent lots of days "tossing up her cookies" but she has started feeling better. We won't find out until the end of Sept. if they are having a girl or a boy. We are still really hoping for a girl. I know it is too late to change anything, God already has determined the girl or boy thing, but we are trying anyway. One of the great exciting things I did this summer is I made pickles!!! I canned 15 pints! They are bread & butter pickles, and Jim says they are great!!! I hadn't ever canned before so it was lots of fun and very exciting. I made a huge mess though, maybe next time I will be a little neater, after all I am the kitchen maid too, not just the pickle caner. I have also let lots of pretty flowers die in our front yard, read lots of books, watched lots of cowboy movies and been knitting. That just about catches everyone up on my summer! Hope your was great as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment