Monday, September 7, 2009

Sweet Girls Birthday!!!

Psalm 91:1,2 " He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress and my God, in whom I trust." The whole 91st Psalm is Sweet Girls favorite. I think Joshua 1:9 is my favorite for her. She was the most "strong and courageous" person I knew! Yesterday she would have been 36 years old!!! I can't believe I could have a child that old! It would have been easier to ignore her birthday, if she had not loved them so much. She loved being the center of attention. She would want everyone to be sure and do all they could to make "Her Day" special. We were usually with family over the Labor Day holiday so she would have lots of people celebrating with her. Her Uncle would always be sure to either "slime" her glasses several times or give her tons of "snuggies". No one else could get away with doing stuff like that. I would always make her favorite cake, or get her favorite ice cream cake, and make her favorite dinner. We would all put our rings on the candles of her cake, call out the lucky tooth pics that were put in the cake (Pa would always cheat and claim to have the lucky one!) and sing a great rendition of Happy Birthday!! There were lots of presents (she always wanted lots). Lots of teasing, laughing, hugging and kissing!!! Pretty much the perfect day. I miss her sooooo much!

2 comments:

  1. I miss her so much too! She always made me laugh when we would sing because she would get her "sweet face" on and dance a little. She was too wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was the most strong & courageous person I knew! We miss her too, I know she had a bigger birthday celebration yesterday than we can even imagine!

    ReplyDelete