Friday, September 4, 2009

60 IS THE NEW 40!!!!!

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken." Psalm 62:1,2. Amen!!!! I love that scripture and I believe it with my whole heart, so why do I let myself be shaken? I'm glad He loves me just the way I am, thank-you Lord for you grace!
After that great scripture, I am going to tell you that I told Boo a lie! I have asked forgiveness, but I'm sure I will do it again. You see I had a birthday recently. BTW (that is text talk for By the way) did I tell you that Jim's birthday and my birthday are on the same day!! Same year even, pretty neat huh! This last birthday was a rather big one, it was a year that ended with a 0, so you know it was big. Well, when Boo asked how old I was I just blurted out 39! He was happy with that so that's what I'm sticking with. I'm sure that someday he will hear Mookie say her age and he will realize I couldn't be 39, but I will deal with that then! I was trying not to celebrate this year, but Boo really reallllly wanted us to have a birthday cake, so I made an angel food cake with 7 minute frosting, sooooooooo good. I have had that very cake each of my 39 years, it makes me happy to eat it!! Go eat something that makes you happy!!

2 comments:

  1. Aw! I'm sad you had to make your own b-day cake! Actually I'm surprised you ate the cake and not just the frosting! Happy belated B-day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have to tell me to eat something that makes me happy...I succeed in doing that on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete