Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Getting Old Is No Fun!!!

I know that getting old is part of life, and we should do it with grace and dignity, but I am dragging my feet all the way!!! First of all to all of you who are thinking that perhaps if she were in better shape it wouldn't be so bad, well I'm not in good shape so there! Its the stuff like my eye sight that is making me crazy. I have gotten rid of my glasses and opted for contacts, and I love them, but---I have an astigmatism, I guess this makes it hard to have perfect vision with them. I have chosen to be able to read w/o glasses, but now I can't see (clearly) as far as I used to. Yes, this is because of old age!! I want to have squirt gun fights with Boo in the back yard, but I always loose!! Yes, this is because of old age!!! I want to stay up late and have lots of fun after Boo goes to bed, but I am tired about the same time he is!!! Yes, this is because of old age!!! I want to hike a huge mountain, no wait I never have wanted to hike a huge mountain that is a lie. I want to race my grandsons, but my legs won't run!! Yes, this is because of old age!! OK, I really don't want to race my grandsons either. I can't think of anything else I can't do that doesn't have to do with my being out of shape. Well, I still don't like being old!!!

1 comment:

  1. I say that when you can't think of anyone else older than you...THEN you are old. I know PLENTY of people older than you so you're golden!

    ReplyDelete